Terms & Conditions
- Driver must be 23 years old and above, a holder of a minimum (1) year valid Driving License (an InternationalDriving License is required for foreigners in addition to the passport).
- For additional driver an extra cost of USD 5$ per day is applicable.
- Drivers between 21 & 23 years old may rent with a $20 surcharge per rental, on condition that this driver is aholder of minimum (1) year valid driving license.
- Booking must be in the principal driver’s name and he must be present upon car collection.
- Every driver must present his passport, valid driving license, and his own credit card for deposit
- Different rates apply between low and high seasons as the following schedule:- High Season: Summer, Fitr Holiday, Adha Holiday, Christmas, New Year Holiday & Easter Holiday- Low Season: All year long excluding summer and holidays.
- War invasion, hold-up, and natural disasters are not covered by insurance.
- Insurance only covers the vehicles within the Lebanese Territories. It is forbidden to drive the rental vehicleoutside the Lebanese borders.
- Insurance doesn’t cover accidents in case of Traffic Violations; the client will bear full responsibility for theaccident.
- Insurance does not cover the excess amount of 250$ for each airbag kit in case of an accident.
- All risk insurance coverage with a deductible damage per accident (CDW) up to the amounts mentioned in thebelow table according to the vehicle category. 15% of the car value will be charged in case of total loss ortheft as mentioned below:
Deductible in case of Accident
Deductible in case of Accident
All Car Categories
15% of the car value according to the insurance policy
The deductible amount will be charged for each accident separately even if more than one accident occurs during the same rental period.
- Rates provided do not include VAT Tax, VAT Tax to be added on the total amount of the invoice.
- Full payment must be paid in advance; an extended period must be paid in advance. Paid amounts are not
- Reserved period will be charged in full even if the client drops off the car before the agreed return date.
- VAT Tax to be added on every extra charge that may occur during the rental (Accidents, Fuel, Trafic fines and
- Smoking is prohibited in all the vehicles. At car drop-off in case cigarette ashes or fumes exist:100$ will be charged for categories: A1-A2- B1-B2- B3-C1- C2-D- I1-I2- J1-J2.150$ will be charged for categories: E-F1- F2-F3- G -H1- H2-I3- I4-I5- K1-K2- L-M- N-O- P -Q- R.NB: the extras above don’t include the cost of cigarette burns.
- All car rentals are subject to the full terms and conditions printed on City Car Rent A Car rental agreement andit’s supplements.
- Insurance deposit for each vehicle must be done by credit card only (debit cards are not accepted as deposit)according to the below: $500: Category A1-A2-A3- B1-B2-B3-B4-I1.$800: Category C1-C2-C3-D-E1-E2- I2-I4- J1-J2-J3.$1,500: Category F1-F2- F3-G1-G2- I3-K-L1-L2-L3-L4- M-Q- R.$5,000: Category H1-H2- N-O- P1-P2-I5 (2 kinds of Credit Card are requested).
- Credit Card must be in the principal driver’s name, otherwise, it will be rejected.
- Minimum duration for any rental is 24hrs, each excess of this period will be automatically charged as a full day.
- Unlimited mileage for 3 days rental and above.For long term rental periods, special mileage conditions apply.
- A limited mileage of 150km per day applies on 1 or 2 days rental according to the below rates:$0.20: Category A1-A2-A3- B1-B2-B3-B4-I1.$0.30: Category C1-C2-C3-D-E1-E2- I2-I4- J1-J2-J3.$0.60: Category F1-F2- F3-G1-G2- I3-K- L1-L2-L3-L4-M- Q-R.$0.80: Category H1-H2- N-O- P1-P2-I5.
- For chauffeur driven service, the rental period is calculated every day (10 continuous hours) and not every 24 hours.
- In Beirut Area: Free collection and delivery at our main office during working hours.
- At Beirut International Airport 24Hrs/7Days operating desk in the arrival lounge for vehicle pick-up anddrop-off with a charge of 15$/rental.In order to avoid pick-up delays, we will deliver the vehicle to our airport branch in the car parking lot.
- Vehicle Delivery: for vehicle delivery outside City Car premises:15$/way will be charged for delivery inside Beirut. 35$/way will be charged on Sundays and Holidays.35$/way will be charged for delivery outside Beirut. 50$/way will be charged on Sundays and Holidays.Vehicle delivery & collection is only available from 09:00 till 17:00 (on condition that the car must be at our mainoffice before 17:00).
- For rapid car pick-up, and in case the client would like to save time, the client may send us clear scannedcopies of the driver passport and driving license, on condition that the client will present the original documentsupon arrival.
- Fuel expenses for delivery of the vehicle will be the client responsibility. The fuel amount upon departure fromCity Car Rent A Car premises will be the amount considered and mentioned on the client’s contract.
- VAT Tax (currently 10% this amount is subject to change without prior notice).
- Fuel: In case City Car will refuel the vehicle, an additional amount of 10%+VAT of the fuel cost will be charged as service fee. Fuel level upon departure from either main office or airport branch will be the considered level upon delivery of the vehicle to the client (inside or outside Beirut Area).
- The rental extension is available on condition that the client must contact City Car Rent A Car in order to check availability.
- Traffic Fines: In case City Car will pay any traffic fine, an additional amount of 10$ will be charged in addition to any extra fees (lawyer, and in case the fee was taken outside Beirut) as a service fee. Traffic fines sometimes take more than six months to be notified to City Car, therefore, the clients should be aware that they must keep a blank copy of their credit card at City Car (other than the deposit copy) in order to settle any traffic fine if occurred on a vehicle while that client was hiring it. This procedure will include providing the proper supporting documents and notifying(if possible) the client before charging any amount on their credit card.
- Lost or damaged items in the vehicle or attached to the vehicle are not covered by insurance and will be the driver direct responsibility. (For example but not limited to: Baggage, Antenna, Mirrors, Tires, Car Key, Car Documents, etc.)
- The deductible amount in case of an accident.
- The deductible amount in case of total loss or theft.
- Airport pick-up and/ or drop-off charge 15$/ Rental
- Damage repair cost due to accidents not covered by the insurance company (Natural Disasters, illegal driving…etc.)
- Damages or breakdowns caused by negligence or misuse are not covered by the insurance policy and will be the driver responsibility.
- Blown tires and vehicle interior are the driver’s responsibility and are not covered by the insurance policy.
- A driver is available (English or French speaking) for 40$+VAT/day.
- The driver works for 10 continuous hours in case of excess, maximum two hours are allowed for 7$/hr.
- Toll fees are available for free on condition that it does not exceed 40km, in the case of excess a charge of 1$/extra km will be applied.
For local reservations: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
For worldwide car rental reservations over 6,000 locations at competitive prices: firstname.lastname@example.org
Reservations can only be accepted by car groups and not by specific make or model.
City Car Rent A Car also provides similar cars not mentioned on the website.
Rates are subject to change without prior notice.
- It is a special service based on renting cars up to 3 years period; therefore City Car rent a car created the LongTerm Rental Department in order to handle your fleet on a high level of professionalism. The Long Term RentalService saves administrative formalities, time, money since you will no longer worry about maintenanceschedule, garage appointments, vehicle care, proper documentation, or lack of vehicle availability.This service is characterized by a fixed monthly rate that covers rental fee, registration, insurances, fullmaintenance, and vehicle replacement in case of accident or break-downs. Benefits of Long Term RentalService with City Car:- City Car agents will follow-up with you to always achieve 100% operation of your vehicles.- Maintenance handling, such as garage appointments, routine checks…etc.- Accidents follow-up, towing truck services.- A replacement vehicle will always be provided to spare you the waste of time in case vehicle need
maintenance or in the case of accident or breakdown.
-Reduced insurance deductible.
- Baby, child and infant Seat are available 5$ per day (age must be specified).
- GPS is available for 10$/day.
- Snow chains available for 5$ per day.
- Buses are available upon request (from 9 Pax to 50 Pax).
- Uniformed driver available for 40$/day (Driver works 10 continuous hours/day with maximum 2 hours extra, cost 7$ per hour).
- Immediate car replacement in case of accident or breakdown.
- 24hrs emergency road services: 009613-629900
- 24hrs services in our office in Beirut International Airport: 09611-629900 / 09613-629900
- Special Discounted rates for conferences & delegations.
- Limousine Services.
- Multilingual Tourist Guide available upon request with daily fee starting 200$ per day (English, French,Spanish….etc.).
- A City Travel office is available to provide hotel bookings, ticketing,& tours services inside and outside Lebanon.
- Worldwide car rental reservations at competitive prices.
- Honor Hall Access (VIP Lounge)
Main Office: Beirut, Lebanon, Ras Beirut, Kalaa St, Al Oraifi Bldg., GR Floor
Tel: 00961 1 780000-803308 Fax: 00961 1 868567 Mobile: 00961 3 316111
Main Office Operating Hours: 7 Days/week services during the following operating hours:
Mondays to Fridays (08:00 – 17:00), Saturdays (08:00 – 14:00), Sundays (09:00 – 12:00)
NB: Administration & accounting departments do not operate on holydays, Saturdays and sundays
Airport Branch: Beirut Rafic Hariri International Airport – Arrival Lounge (24/7 operational office):
Tel: 00961 1 629900 Fax: 00961 1 629799 Mobile: 00961 3 629900 (24hrs/7Days) Email: email@example.com